How have you been? August has been so busy and I’m glad we’re in September. The weather change for the most part!😏☀🌷
Welcome to September! We are a few days in and it’s never too late for a brand new habit. This month, we’ll be working on having a routine with the Laundry.
📆 September | Laundry 💦
The laundry area is a very important part of your home, this room is what keeps us supplied with clean clothes. Laundry is one of those things that if not done with a routine; will definitely pile up faster than anything else in our home. The clothes seem to multiply and before we know it we are surrounded by the piles and feel like it will never get done.
A consistent laundry routine is truly the only way to stay ahead of Mount Washmore forming before your eyes.
What does it mean to do the laundry?
Well for some it just means to leave it laying around and expecting it to be clean the next time you want to wear it (This is generally the hipster and kids). For others it means that you take it to the machine, you wash, dry, fold, hang up and get this….PUT IT AWAY WHERE IT BELONGS!(This is Moms job)😂😂😂
Your Laundry Routine looks like this:
- Get clothes into the laundry area
- Separate Laundry into colors (light and dark, towels, whites and bleach piles.
- For each load that you are about to do, turn the clothes right side out and unroll the balled up socks.
- Check for stains so you can hit them with a prewash treatment Put Laundry in Washer, add soap and or bleach
- Add Fabric Softener (if you do this at this stage)
- When Laundry is washed, put into dryer, check your time, we waste a lot of time and energy by over drying our clothes.
- Hang anything that needs to be hung. Do it right then out of the washer or dryer, this saves on the wrinkles
- Fold clothes immediately out of the dryer. Do not throw the clothes in a laundry basket and take the basket to another area of the house to be folded ! You know why! It will stay in the basket unfolded and then everything needs to be re-washed because it is so wrinkled ( This is if you have a dryer).
- Put Laundry away as soon as it is folded.
- Then start the next load into the dryer.
If you are really good about staying on top of your laundry, then throw in a load into the washer once you have put the other load in the dryer. If you have a tendency to forget, then don’t start another load until one is COMPLETE! Complete is from sorting to put away.
Following these steps will get your Laundry done and you won’t feel overwhelmed.
If you enjoyed this post and it was helpful, then please do share it on pinterest, twitter and Facebook. Oh and don’t forget to subscribe | Like & Follow my blog so you don’t miss out when I post. I truly appreciate it!🌸
Extending my warm wishes to you and your loved ones!
Momma Zai 🌸
☀ Be Grateful, Be Kind & Be Selfless ☀
🌻 Come be my friend! 🌻
Credit for this Habit goes to The Fly Lady, whom without my life would be in Chaos😂